About the program
Building Up installs water efficient retrofits in affordable housing buildings while training and employing people with barriers to employment, participants must be between 18 years to 45 years old to carry out that work. The work experience is complimented by an in-class training where participants learn trades based math, Essential skills and soft skills that they will need to be successful in the trades. Upon graduation of our 4 month paid program (two months in class and two months in the field). Participants are paid $11.40 hour, and are expected to be available from Monday to Friday, between 8AM to 4PM for the duration of the program. We work with our participants to find them apprenticeships and/ or employment in the trades. Our next cohort will begin in July 2017.
After participants send in their resumes, they will be invited out to the Building Up information session taking place on Monday, July 10th, 2017; either in the morning session or the afternoon session. I have attached two documents for you to read or share with your networks, the first document are the details of the Building Up information sessions, and the second document is a brief summary that gives an overview of the Building Up Program.
For individuals who are interested in our program, here are some dates to be aware of and items you will need to be considered:
· Information Interview (mandatory) on July 10th, 2017
· 1st interviews on July 11th, 2017 (for successful applicants)
· 2nd interviews on July 12th, 2017 (for successful applicants)
· Hands-on interviews on July 13th, 2017 (for successful applicants)
· Final interviews on July 14th, 2017 (for successful applicants)
· If successful, applicants will need to provide the following during their interviews:
o High School transcripts
o Government issued ID (except Health card)
o Sin #