Inter-generational PRIDE Festival and BBQ on Ward’s Island, Toronto
Sat. June 15, 2019 – 10:00 am-5:00 pm
BBQ, music, games, arts/crafts, LGBT2SQ entertainment, swim at beach
Hosted by Sunshine Centres for Seniors at Camp Sunshine – all ages event
- Meet at 30 Isabella at 10:00 am on Sat. June 15, 2019. We will take youth on TTC and Island ferry to the event.
- Optional – weather permitting, we will also swim at Ward’s Island beach – City of Toronto Life-Guard on site
- Bring – swim wear, towel, sunscreen, sun-hat; dress for the weather (it’s cooler on the island and the ferry).
- Provided – BBQ lunch, transit/ferry fare (including to/from 30 Isabella for independent youth), snacks, drinks
Who can come?
- LGBT2SQ (and allied) Youth served by CAS-Toronto currently or within the past year up to age 21 – includes youth in care, on CCSY/VYSA, in community, with kin, placed for adoption, in CARS, living independently, served by PARC. Youth don’t need to be LGBT2SQ but must be allies.
- Open to youth served by other CAS/child welfare/Indigenous child wellbeing agencies, space permitting; chaperone required for every 3 youth from other agencies; $20 fee per person including chaperones.
For more details contact Lorraine at 416-924-4646 x 2987
Lorraine Gale (she/her pronouns)
Out and Proud Program