1 Contract Position (December 2017 to November 2018)
Part time (up to 24 hours/week)
$15.67 per hour (AMAPCEO)
Interested in putting your IT knowledge and skills to work? Our Office is seeking a dynamic youth to provide technology support to our IT team.
Under the direction of the Director of IT, this role is responsible in coordinating and supporting the execution of the Advocate’s Office social media strategy. The individual will help manage social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), create and schedule social media content, post videos, ensure all communication messaging on social media is represented consistently across all platforms and increase followers by understanding the community and what they are looking for.
- You must possess a good working knowledge of social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Hootsuite and any other popular platform
- Expertise with various software products such as Multimedia Software, Microsoft Office Suites, Image and video editing software
- Knowledge of social media analytics
- Knowledge of and/or lived experience with issues related to any of our mandate areas
- Ability to apply creativity in enhancing social media pages
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Capable of working within tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Proficient networking skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong willingness to learn
Police background check including a vulnerable person sector screening is required.
This position is covered by the AMAPCEO Collective Agreement and benefit provisions are consistent with those for Youth Amplifier staff under that agreement.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by the Advocate's Office throughout the selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
The Advocate’s Office is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the province. We encourage applications from individuals who represent a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and communities.
Please submit your resume with covering letter, quoting file PA-2017-15, to be received no later than November 3, 2017 at 11:59 pm to the Office of the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth, 401 Bay Street, Suite 2200 Toronto, Ontario, M7A 0A6, email email@example.com, or fax to416-325-5681. Resumes must be submitted as attachments only and must be in MS Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) format.
We appreciate all applications received. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer