We are recruiting for new members and a new Youth Leader to participate on our Youth Consultant Council.
The purpose of the Council is to:
To inspire the voice of our youth as CAST strives to improve services to children and youth.
- SPIRIT- Youth bring creativity, optimism and enthusiasm for change and improvement, in the work we do and the services we provide
- CONSULTANCY- The youth voice contributes to decision-making regarding service delivery and new programs
- SERVICE IMPROVEMENT- Youth are empowered to bring forth issues and concerns related to services they receive
- ADVOCACY- Youth actively participate in the action required to bring about change
We are looking for youth members who are:
- In Care or former Youth in Care of CAST
- Aged 16-21
- Reliable and dependable
- Willing to share their relevant experiences with the council
- Able to meet 4-5 times a year (meetings occur at 30 Isabella)
- Committed to helping children and youth involved with child welfare
We are also looking for a youth leader who has: great leadership skills and the ability to motivate youth. The youth leader co-facilitates the council with our staff.
The deadline for applications is September 15, 2017.
Please feel free to share this with any youth who fit the above criteria. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact: Sheryl Lamkey at PARC (416-462- 1010), Michael Wilson (ext. 2179) or myself (ext. 2077).