This is a great FREE self-paced training course for anyone who works with or is interested in working with vulnerable youth. The course runs from September 11th to November 20th, and participants can enroll from now until November 13th to work through the course material. With that being said, the sooner you enroll, the more time you will have to work through the material.
Please see below for more details and feel free to share widely. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Hope to see you in the course!
Engaging and Empowering - How to Become an Effective Mentor for Vulnerable Youth:
Designed for people interested in mentoring vulnerable youth, this 9-module course will walk you through the 3-E mentorship stages - Establishing, Engaging, and Empowering - to help you build a fruitful mentoring relationship with your mentee(s). The course will explore the issues facing vulnerable youth and equip you with effective mentoring tools to help youth overcome barriers and build resilience.
For organizations who want to enhance their capacity to serve vulnerable youth and to ensure that they have equitable access to supportive adults, the course provides not only professional development for your staff and volunteers, but opportunities for them to meet and collaborate with allies across the globe.
Watch this course trailer: https://youtu.be/m-e9aVhphmw
Find out more about and sign up for the course at: http://bit.ly/2nn6Rn7
Mentors who take this course will:
- Deepen their understanding of youth vulnerability.
- Gain a better understanding of the particular challenges and barriers facing vulnerable youth.
- Learn practical strategies to keep youth engaged.
- Learn and practice coaching techniques to empower youth.
- Find allies and build cross-sector service alliances for their clients.
- Develop their capacity to become well-rounded mentors.
Organizations whose staff and volunteers take this course can expect to:
- Better equip mentors for positive youth development.
- Enhance their capacity to serve vulnerable youth.
- Increase vulnerable youths’ access to trained supportive adults who can engage and empower them.
Target Audience are youth program staff, volunteers and people who want to help vulnerable youth in a structured mentoring relationship.