If you are looking to join an organization which offers a meaningful SUMMER JOB OPPORTUNITY then CAST is the place for you!
The Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAST) is proud of their long history of leadership in protecting children and their commitment to the provision of quality service to children and their families. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of children, we have an opportunity for you. Come join us and be part of our team and work for one of the city’s Top Employers.
The goal of these internships is to provide meaningful job opportunities to students. We are currently inviting applications for Summer Intern positions in the following areas:
***Please note: Positions will be filled based on funding***
- Community Based Branch/Intake (Toronto, North West and Scarborough Branch)
- Volunteer Services Branch and Community Development and Prevention
- Resources for Children & Youth
- Child and Youth Services
- Corporate Services- Information Management
- Corporate Services- Information Technology
- Legal Services
Successful candidates will work alongside Child Welfare Workers and/or professional staff, either in a role with direct involvement with clients or contribute through a supportive role. All successful candidates need to meet at least the following criteria at the start of employment:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Able to provide a police check as per position requirement
- Have Ontario G or G2 driver's license as per position requirement;
- University or College student (For branch/intake positions: preferably in Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work program or related field.)
The goal of these internships is to provide meaningful job opportunities to students.
- Duration: up to August 30, 2019
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Wage: $14.00/hour
We are committed to make efforts to hire priority students as follows:
- Children in care or previous Children in care
- Students with disabilities (if applicable)
- Aboriginal Students
- Students who are members of a visible minority
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 28, 2019
Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism at CAST
CAST is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages application from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Accommodation at CAST
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 416-924-4640 x2300. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Apply directly on our website at www.torontocas.ca under the Careers section by FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 2019.
If you cannot apply on our website, applications can be faxed (416-324-2400), or mailed (30 Isabella Street, 5th Floor) to the attention of Human Resources, clearly indicating the position of interest
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.